Thursday, December 10, 2009

Right wing Bob affirms he's a true believer

Bill Flanagan's Christmas chat with Bob Dylan: 


BF: You really give a heroic performance of O’ LITTLE TOWN OF BETHLEHEM The way you do it reminds me a little of an Irish rebel song. There’s something almost defiant in the way you sing, “The hopes and fears of all the years are met in thee tonight.” I don’t want to put you on the spot, but you sure deliver that song like a true believer.

BD: Well, I am a true believer.

ALSO:

BF: Do you have a favorite Christmas album?

BD: Maybe the Louvin Brothers. I like all the religious Christmas albums. The ones in Latin. The songs I sang as a kid.

BF: A lot of people like the secular ones.

BD: Religion isn’t meant for everybody.

BF: What sort of gifts do you like to give?

BD: I try to match the person with the gift.

BF: Are you a last minute shopper?

BD: Always.

BF: Do you drop any hints about what you hope to get from your family?

BD: Nope. Their well-being – that’s enough of a gift for me.

BF: I know we’re out of time but I have to ask, what’s the best Christmas gift you ever got?

BD: Let me think… oh yeah, I think it was a sled.


Audio Samples from Amazon!